I’ve heard of Norwegian purling before but never went any further to investigate it. I found a YouTube video tutorial for it on one of my knitting groups and since I was doing some 1×1 ribbing I decided I would give it a shot. I’m sure it’s because I’m new at it, but I’m not seeing any time difference over bringing the yarn forward. It also may have been the yarn I was using (Noro Kureyon Sock), but my Norwegian purls seemed looser than my regular purls. Again, it could totally be the yarn, Kureyon Sock is by no means smooth and it was from a frogged project so it was a bit wavy to begin with. I’m going to wait and try it with some worsted weight yarn and see how it goes, until then the jury is still out.
My No Purl Monkey socks are moving along nicely. I’m into the instep on the first one and I’m loving the way the Colinette Jitterbug is working up. The yarn is nice and springy and the colors are fantastic. Here’s a picture of it before I finished picking up the heel flap stitches.
I haven’t made much progress on the socks because I’ve been cheating on it with the Sock Yarn Slouch Hat.
I’m using some Noro Kureyon Sock that I’ve had in my stash for ages and doesn’t match anything I own, but I like the colors and I need a hat in the worst way. I’ve made a few changes to the pattern. I’m using a size 3 (3.25mm) needle because that’s the smallest 16″ circular that I own. I changed the cast on to 150sts to accommodate my gigantic head and changed the increase to 50sts so I got a nice even number. I have about two more inches to go before I start doing decreases. If I can keep up the pace, I should be able to be done with it by Monday or so at the latest.