I just finished frogging about 2.5″ of sock – a nearly completed gusset and a bit more. Turns out I should have read the pattern for the slip stitch heel basic socks from Socks from the Toe Up more carefully before starting the gusset since she suggests 3″ less than the length of your foot and I was using 2.5″ as my measurement for everything. This would have resulted in a sock about 1/2″ too big for me. I almost decided to say the hell with it and continue on with just a few extra gusset stitches, but I want a workable pattern that’s going to fit my foot not something that kind of fits, especially since I want to knit several of the socks in the book.
Some of this yarn has been frogged twice now but it seems to be holding up well. It’s the Manos Alegria I got back in February. With some luck I won’t be frogging it a third time. I won’t get to work on it again until next week anyway since I’m still plugging away at the sooper seekrit project. Just a reminder you can check out my progress by taking a look at my Facebook page. I’m in the home stretch now so it shouldn’t be too much longer if I can make the time to work on it consistently.