Knitty Keen

Knitting, knitting, and some more knitting

Frogging and FOs January 27, 2013

Reclaimed YarnThis represents what was once my almost completed Giselle sweater.  It was a good try but in the end it just wasn’t going to work for my body type.  My biggest problem with the pattern was the ratio they used for the bust and arms of the sweater.  I have a large bust but do not have the large arms that come with following the pattern as written.  The sleeves were huge on me and there was just no fixing that, so I frogged it.  I decided on making a top-down raglan sweater using The Incredible Custom Fit Raglan Sweater pattern.  I cast on for a 24″ neck with 5 rounds of 1×1 rib and then a few short rows to bring the back up higher.  I was going to go with an EZ EPS Sweater and got about 8 rounds of ribbing done before I found out I had twisted my stitches.  I’m a bit afraid that I’ll run out of yarn on this one, so a top-down raglan would suit me better and it’s harder to twist 108 stitches (although I did manage to do it on the first try).  The yarn is from School Products Yarn and is their Provence Lace Merino doubled and worked on size US size 8 (5.0mm) needles.   I’m going to NYC probably the first weekend in March and I really want to have it finished by then so I can wear it on my trip when I visit the store and hopefully score another cone.

Thing 2's MittensThis is a pair of mittens I made for my youngest.  I used US size 6 (4.0mm) needles and Peace Fleece from stash.  They are a little big on him (my own fault for winging them without a pattern), but he adores them and has asked me when I’m going to “needle” him a scarf to match them.  I think I have some navy Caron Simply Soft in my stash somewhere or I may need to head to AC Moore to get him some or Paton’s Classic Wool so I can get it made for him.

No Purl Monkey SocksI finally kitchnered the toe on the second sock and finished my No Purl Monkey Socks tonight.  I made the leg much longer than I normally do and it fits nicely.  The foot of the sock is a little long because of the way the repeats worked out, but only by a bit.  I should have finished these ages ago, but I haven’t been knitting as much as I should.  I used US size 2.5 (3.0mm) needles and Colinette Jitterbug 400 in Lilac.  I made a mod to the chart by adding a stitch to either side of the chart and consequently adding two rows to the bottom of the chart.  I’ll try to post the chart later this week.

 

 

Advertisements
 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s