Firstly, I wove in all the ends of my dad’s Joe Schmoe Fingerless Mitts, so I’ll be able to get pics of them today and post the pattern later this week. Secondly, I’ve been having a doozey with some socks I’ve been trying to knit.
This once represented a skein of the old Colinette Jitterbug (tells you how long I’ve had it). There was a weak spot in the yarn while I was doing the cuff and I prayed it didn’t mean what I thought it meant. I moved on and by the time I got to the fourth repeat of the No Purl Monkey socks, my fears were realized when I had two more weak spots within a couple of rounds — moths had gotten to my yarn. Granted, this was old yarn — I have no idea how long ago I even bought it and it was back when Jitterbug came in about 320m skeins, not the handy 400m skeins it comes in today. I’m lucky. I got two 30g balls, a 21g ball, a 17g ball and some odds and ends — more than enough to do a simple pair of fingerless mitts out of for myself (probably just the female version of the Joe Schmoe Fingerless Mitts pattern).
This one hurts a little bit more. I’m just finishing the fifth repeat of the No Purl Monkey socks in the new Colinette Jitterbug 400m yarn in lilac and I have made the decision that they are indeed too small for my feet. I can get the cuff on, but just. I’m going to have to frog it and start over again with 72sts to the 64sts I have here. I did this for my mom’s socks, so I’m familiar with the change up. It adds a stitch on each side of the first row of the chart (you have 4sts before and after the decreases as opposed to three) and it add two rounds to the chart, so not a huge change. This should fit my foot so much better. It’s hard to frog it, but at least it’s an easy pattern and works up quickly — I did the above yesterday afternoon and last night. I’m bringing it with me to my mom’s this afternoon so I should be able to get some work done on it there.