I was almost done, in the home stretch of the decrease section when I realized that I wasn’t going to have enough yarn to finish it. I had placed a lifeline after the 9th repeat in the straight section (I had tried going to 10 repeats), so I frogged back to there and tried it again. No go. Very carefully I picked up the stitches after the 8th repeat in the increase section. The good news is that at least now I have the damned chart memorized so I don’t need the instructions to knit it and it’s become a bit more portable. The bad news is that I frogged 16 repeats. I weighed the yarn and thought I had enough, but I never weighed the skein in the first place so it must have been more than 100g. I’m going to go with 8 repeats in the straight section and 8 repeats in the decrease section. If I have to frog again I might just cry.
In other news, it looks like the ship has sailed for my green sweater. It was in the upper 70’s today and it’s supposed to get up to 85 tomorrow. It will be a more seasonable 60 over the weekend but there’s no way I’ll be finished it by then. I will however be working on the sleeve on Thursday because I have too many WIP’s right now and I need to get it done because it’ll count for a hell of a lot in a yarn marathon I’m participating in (it’s fingering weight held double). I also just started the heel flap on my Black Magic Socks so something is going right.